Turn your site into the game of Asteroids. Click to start and you can destroy
the contents of your webpage by flying around and shooting them. Check out
Electric Tree House (http://electrictreehouse.com/) (bottom of the right sidebar)
to try it out yourself. The plugin is also highly customizable allowing you to add
a description and/or image as well as controlling which pages the Asteroids widget
appears on. Give it a try and I guarantee you will be impressed. The Widget
based on the classic game, Asteroids.
asteroids-widgetfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Use the widget like any other widget.
- Customize based on your preference. A little bit of editing and you can remove my links from the widget entirely.
- Add the Asteroids button to any page or post by adding [asteroids].
Leave a message at http://electrictreehouse.com/asteroids-widget-plugin/
Contributors & Developers
“Asteroids Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Asteroids Widget” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Moved JS to external script
- Added Shortcode [asteroids]
- Added JQuery toggle to admin options
- Re-wrote some of the code.
- Added Arcade images by Alta Peterson (http://altapeterson.com/).
- Resolved PHP code so that links points to JS and image file in “gears” folder.
- Added another Button and Image option.
- Added option for ship to shoot yellow bullets.
- Basically started over. Added Image and Link/Button options to widget. Resolved IE issues.
- Resolved initial bugs and IE issues.
- First Attempt. Basic Functions.