Places a Copyright Safeguard notice in the site’s footer, or in the page content (using a shortcode). The notice can be a button or a simple text link. Clicking the notice causes a small pop-up window to appear with information about the site’s copyright protection. Using this plugin requires the user to sign up for a free account on the Copyright Safeguard website, where the site’s copyright information is stored.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the Copyright Safeguard website (http://www.copyrightsafeguard.com) and register for a free account, where you can enter the informaiton about your website.
- In your WordPress Dashboard, go to the Settings menu and open the Copyright Safeguard configuration screen.
- Enter the Copyright Safeguard Authorization Code, and select the link style to appear in your site footer.
- Why do I need to register for an account on the Copyright Safeguard website?
That’s where the information about your site is stored.
- Is registering with Copyright Safeguard the same as registered my copyright?
No. Copyright Safeguard is a free service. There is a small fee to register your copyright with the US Copyright Office, which provides certain additional legal protections. There is a great deal of information about copyright protection on the Copyright Safeguard website.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Copyright Safeguard Footer Notice” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Copyright Safeguard Footer Notice” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added shotcode capability.
- Added top and left margin offsets to control positioning of button or link in footer.
- Original version – no changes.