WordPress and some of the most popular plugins had become increasingly bloated over time with loads of unnecessary features.
This plugin is meant to fix that!
It will disable all unnecessary WordPress features and speed up your website in an elegant way.
Following features are currently included for disabling
- Author Archives
- Screen options and help
- Howdy in adminbar
- Navigation items in adminbar
- Clean Dashboard
- Embed Objects
- XML-RPC + Pingback
- WLW Manifest
- Really Simple Discovery
- Short Link
- RSS Feeds
- REST API
- Block Library
- Admin Footer
- Application Passwords
Pro Version: (yeah we know it sucks but this plugin needs to be supported somehow)
- WP Updates
- Auto-update Email Notifications for Themes and Plugins
- Post Revisions
- WP Login Logo and Favicon
- Administration Email Verification Prompt
- Lazy Loading
- Yoast SEO Bloat
- WooCommerce Bloat
- Right Click
If you want us to include your favorite plugin or you find any bugs tell us in the forum.
Installing “Disable Everything” can be done either by searching for “Disable Everything” via the “Plugins > Add New” screen in your WordPress dashboard, or by using the following steps:
- Download the plugin via WordPress.org
- Upload the ZIP file through the ‘Plugins > Add New > Upload’ screen in your WordPress dashboard
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Contributors & Developers
“Disable Everything” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Disable Everything” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- New disable Application Passwords functionality
- Minor content and textual changes
- Introducing Pro version
- Various content and textual changes
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
- Minor security improvements
- Initial release