It helps to quickly create pop-ups with disclaimers that appear when the website is opened. You can control many graphic parts of the popup, and you can also decide how many days the cookie is valid, before being requested again for the popup.
As of today, all sites should get their users to accept their terms via a disclaimer when it comes to the use of your website and the information it contains, to avoid being sued or taken to court for anything happened due to problems with their website.
This plugin is designed for all those sites that need to accept the conditions of use, limitations or declare the exclusion of liability at the first access to the site of all visitors, such as sites with material aimed at medical scientific personnel, sites that treat adult products (alcohol), sites dealing with financial products, etc.
Disclaimer Popup is a free plugin that’s quick and easy to use. It will help you to quickly create a popup where you can show a disclaimer complete with texts and images, and where there is the possibility to show up to 2 buttons (one to accept and one to reject the conditions).
Disclaimer Popup is completely customizable: you can choose the colors and size of the popup, as well as the days of validity of the cookies.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE PLUGIN
- Quickly and easily create popups with disclaimers when each user accesses the site
- Easily set the duration of the cookie, to choose how many days the user can access the site before the popup appears again
- Choose to display the popup only on one or more specific page
- Choose NOT to display the popup on one or more individual pages
- Improve the popup design to make it more consistent with the look of your site
- Enter up to 2 buttons, one to accept and one to decline the disclaimer
HOW DOES IT WORK
Once the plugin has been installed and activated, go to the new Disclaimer Popup menu and click on the Add New link.
At this point you can create the disclaimer text, which will appear in the popup. You can use texts and images at will. When you have completed the text, click on the publish button.
Go to the Disclaimer Popup > Settings and enable the disclaimer functions, then choose from the drop-down menu the disclaimer you want to appear when accessing the site.
Immediately below, choose the days of validity of the cookie before showing the disclaimer again (0 will always show the disclaimer).
Then insert the label of the acceptance key of the conditions. You can also choose a label of the declension text of the conditions and possibly a destination link (optional).
When everything is ready click on Save Settings to save the options.
You can change the look of the design from the Design Customization tab, to make it more consistent with the look of your site.
- Theme in the Box – project idea – Themeinthebox.com
- WpGuru – code development – WordPressGuru.it
- Marco Dedo – project management – MarcoDedo.it
To install Disclaimer Popup, follow these steps:
Download and unzip the plugin
Upload disclaimer-popup folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Go to Disclaimer Popup and you can load the new disclaimer
Contributors & Developers
“Disclaimer Popup” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Disclaimer Popup” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.1 – 2022-12-10
- Added function that enables popup on single page as well
- Added the function of disabling the popup for a single page
- Minor bug fixes (CSS)
1.0.3 – 2022-05-31
- Fixed the problem of scrolling on mobile when the disclaimer window was too long
1.0.2 – 2022-03-05
- Fixed bug on cookie setting
1.0.1 – 2021-08-07
- Fixed bug customizer background color
1.0.0 – 2021-03-22
- Initial release