This plugin adds the ability to put a shortcode tag in any static page or post and have it display an excerpt from your latest blog post.
There are no settings or options.
It generates markup like this, which you can style as desired:
<div class='latest-post'> <p class='title'><a href='http://www.mysite.ca/blog/post'>Look ma, no hands!</a></p> <p class='excerpt'>Today I rode a bicycle …<a href="http://www.mysite.ca/blog/post">Continue reading <span class="meta-nav">→</span></a></p> </div>
- Upload the plugin to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory and unzip it.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
[get_latest_post]in your pages.
Contributors & Developers
“Get Latest Post” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Get Latest Post” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- More WordPress VIP coding standards
- refactored in to class
- updated “tested up to” to 4.3.1
- WordPress VIP coding standards; updated “tested up to” to 4.1
- Updated “tested up to” to 3.9.1
- Call wp_reset_query() at the end.
- Initial release.