In September 2012, Google announced “news_keywords” meta tag which is intended to help Google News to properly classify content and make it more discoverable for users.
This plugin picks your posts’ tags and uses them to generate “news_keywords” meta tag. No need to set up anything, it’s all done automatically. If a post has no tags Google News Keywords meta tag will not be displayed. You can use up to ten Google News keywords, so don’t go too tag happy.
Read more about Google News Keywords meta tag here:
- How to Add Google News Keywords to WordPress Posts
- Google Announces A Meta Keywords Tag Just For News Articles
- Announcement post at Google News Blog
Banner image – http://www.fotopedia.com/items/flickr-2054107736
- Download the plugin from this page and extract it
- Copy google-news-keywords folder to “/wp-content/plugins/” directory
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress dashboard
- Will this benefit every site?
No, your site needs to be submitted to Google News first – http://support.google.com/news/publisher/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=40787
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Google News Keywords from Tags” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Google News Keywords from Tags” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Minor security fix.
- The first version of the plugin.