Love It is a simple plugin that adds a “Love It” link to your posts, pages, and custom post types. It works similar to Facebook’s Like button, but is exclusive to your website. It provides a great way for users to show their appreciation, and for you to gain a good idea of which posts are your most popular.
The plugin includes a simple widget to show your “Most Loved” items.
This plugin is based of the tutorial I published on creating a simple Love It plugin
The demonstration video for the tutorial and the plugin is below:
An improved Pro version of the plugin is available. Features of the pro version include:
- Show Love It links automatically
- Track your most popular posts, pages, and custom post types
- Setup in less than 5 minutes
- Enabled / disable for every registered post type
- Customize the text displayed for links and “already loved” messages
- Users can only love posts/pages once
- Works for logged-in and logged-out users
- Most Loved widget included
- No coding necessary
- Custom CSS option for advanced users
- Embed help documentation in plugin settings
- Easy to use template tags for developers
- Upload love-it to wp-content/plugins
- Click “Activate” in the WordPress plugins menu
- A “Love It” link will be automatically added to the bottom of all posts / pages
- Love It links are displayed to logged-in users only.
Contributors & Developers
“Love It” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Love It” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix: PHP 4 style constructors
- Fix: Undefined indexes when first adding widget to sidebar
- Tested for compatibility with WordPress 4.0
- Added missing esc_attr() calls
- Added new li_display_love_links_on filter that can be used to modify the post types the Love It links display on
- Load the text domain on “init”
- Added the li_love_link($love_text = null, $loved_text = null) function
- Made it so the li_love_link() function can be used on index / archive pages
- Updated to JS to work with archive views
- Initial release