oEmbed is an easy way to embed media. It turns links into embedded content automatically. WordPress has supported it in posts for a while, but not in comments. This plugin uses the oEmbed support already in WordPress and adds it to comments.
- Unzip and upload the plugin to your plugins directory (`/wp-content/plugins/`).
- Activate oEmbed in Comments through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- That’s it. There’s no settings page. If the plugin is active, it’s adding oEmbed to your comments.
Contributors & Developers
“oEmbed in Comments” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Small code cleanup
- Fix potential security vulnerability in the case that you’re using oEmbed auto-discovery
- First version
- Adds oEmbed support to comments