Display posts from selected taxonomies in your sidebars. Multiple formats including featured images are possible.
- Display posts with additional options from any or all entries in a slected taxonomy in your sidebars.
- Option to display on posts in the same categories as the current post on single post pages.
- Fully templated – add more templates in your own theme and select them in your widgets. Includes four templates.
- Creates two new image sizes for use in widgets – set the sizes on the options screen.
- Use the category title or write your own title, even link the title to the category (if one selected).
This plugin includes the following translations. Translations listed with no translator were created by the plugin developer using Google Translate. If you can improve these, you can get your name listed here!
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add widgets to your sidebars
- What post types does this plugin support?
By default, the plugin will look only within the built in post types. You can change these settings to include any or all custom post types registered on the Administration page.
- Where can I get some support for this plugin?
Our support forum is located at http://grandslambert.tk/support/forum/pretty-sidebar-categories and you can also find information on the plugins home page at http://plugins.grandslambert.com/plugins/pretty-sidebar-categories.html
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Pretty Sidebar Categories” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
1.2 – December 28th, 2012
- Fixed an issue with the widget form to allow selection of sort order.
- Fixed an issue where category descriptions were not being used correctly.
- Fixed a bug that failed to use the category name when the widget title was left blank.
1.1 – March 11th, 2011
- Fixed an issue where the taxonomy selector acted inappropriately when multiple widgets were active.
- Added an option to choose the sort order for the widget.
- Added an option to show posts only in categories of the current post on single post pages.
- Added an option to show the category description at the top of the widget. Shows description for first category matched.
1.0 – March 8th, 2011
- Fixed an issue where selecting “All Terms” resulted in incorrect results.
- First offical non-beta release.
- Added option to select which post types can be featured. Defaults to built in types only.
- Added German and Italian translations.
0.3 – March 7th, 2011
- Fixed some language issues.
- Added support for all built in and custom taxonomies.
- Only shows taxonomies with non-empty terms.
- Added translations for Spanish and French.
0.2 – February 12th, 2011
- Made the widget box wider for easier management.
- Fixed a missing closing HTML tag on the widget form.
0.1 – February 9th, 2011
- The first release