‘Recent Archive More Widget’ displays posts, not listed on page content area on the widget area of the sidebar of category archive page. If a post (within the current category archive page) is displayed on the content area of the page, this plugin will exclude it from the list of posts to be displayed in the widget area of the sidebar. Recent archive more widget displays more posts of the current category on the sidebar.
* Recent Archive More Widget is intelligent enough to know when it is on a category page. I.E if this widget is added on the sidebar it will remain silent (not appear) unless the page currently viewed is category archive page.
* There is no need to configure the titles and archives, Recent Archive More widget knows what to do.
* Two Configuration options: Widget title (I recommend you leave the title blank) and Number of post to display default is 3 posts (you can change this).
* Displays post thumbnail and title nicely on the sidebar.
- Upload “recent_archive” to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Visit your WordPress dashboard, Navigate to plugins
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
* Step 2
1. Navigate to widget sections from your WordPress dashboard (Appearance –>Widgets).
2. Locate ‘Recent Archive More’ and drag it to the blog sidebar.
3. You are Good to Go
- How many posts per page?
By default this plugin shows 3 posts on the sidebar, you can change it to any number of your choice.
- Does it include post images
Yes. Thumbnail image (109X104px) on the left, post title on the right.
- How do i make the widget title dynamic
Leave the title blank, the plugin knows how to achieve this.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Recent Archive More Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Recent Archive More Widget” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Changed the double line that separate each post item to a clean and uniform single line.
- optimized a code that could lead to “Undefined offset: 0” Notice, When a category with zero post is viewed.
*Allowed a number (defualt =4) of most recent posts from the blog(all category) to be displayed when the category with no post is viewed.