1.2 Million Children are trafficking every year* – the majority of them being lured, bribed or forced into the sex-trade**.
Destiny Rescue is dedicated to rescuing children from human trafficking and sexual exploitation.
We help rescue the sexually exploited and enslaved, restore the abused, protect the vulnerable, empower the poor and are a voice for children that can’t speak up for themselves. We provide kids rescued from sexual exploitation a safe, loving home to grow up in, medical care, counseling, schooling, vocational training and all daily needs required to be integrated back into society successfully.
We also help protect vulnerable children from being trafficked. We offer them financial assistance, a good education, vocational training, and, in some instances, a place to live.
Find out more at our website.
We need your help. The exploitation of these young ones will not stop unless each of us stand for these children and speak out in their behalf.
Installing this plugin makes a statement that you will not stand by while children are exploited. Enabling this plugin will add a banner to your website – bringing awareness to the need and the work of Destiny Rescue to end this evil in the world. The banner links to the Destiny Rescue website where visitors can learn what is being done, and more importantly, what they can do to help.
We rescued 446 children from exploitation and abuse in 2013. Help us as we work to hit our rescue goal of 800 children in 2014.
Find out more about our goals and the 2020 Vision.
Most importantly, stand with us as let’s see an end to child sex trafficking.
Contact us for more information and other ways to get involved.
* UNICEF. (March 2011). Child protection from violence, exploitation and abuse.
** Walker-Rodriguez , A., & Hill, R. (2011, March). Human Sex Trafficking.
For help installing this (or any other) WordPress plugin, please read the Managing Plugins article on the Codex.
Once the plugin is installed and activated, the banner should automatically show up in the upper-right hand corner of your site. You can visit the Settings page to change where it’s positioned and other settings.
- How can I get help when I’m having a problem?
- Read the answers on this page.
- Check the support forum, because your problem may already have been answered there.
If you still need help, then first follow these instructions:
- Disable all other plugins and switch to the default theme, then check if the problem is still happening.
- If it isn’t, then the problem may actually be with your theme or other plugins you have installed.
- If the problem is still happening, then start a new thread in the forum with a detailed description of your problem and the URL to your site.
- Check the ‘Notify me of follow-up posts via e-mail’ box so you won’t miss any replies.
I monitor the forums and will respond as my schedule permits.
- What should I do if the banner isn’t showing up?
Make sure your theme’s footer.php calls wp_footer() just before the closing
</body>tag. If it is, start a post in the support forums (see below for details).
- Will the link open in a new window?
There is an option to control whether it does or not, but be aware that forcing links to open in a new window is considered a bad practice. Please consider leaving it off.
- How do I prevent the banner from overlapping my header on smartphones or other small screens?
You can go to the General Settings page and check the ‘Move to Bottom on Small Screens’ box. That will move the banner to the bottom of the page for smartphones and other devices with small screens.
Note that this won’t work in Internet Explorer 8 or below, because it doesn’t support modern web standards.
Contributors & Developers
“Rescue Children Banner” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Rescue Children Banner” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Initial release