The smart Archive Page Remove Plugin allows you to remove Archive Pages automatically generated by WordPress
WordPress automatically generates Author based, Category based, Tag based and Date based (daily, monthly and yearly) archives for your posts. Even if you do not want to use these Pages – e.g. you don’t want to have an author based archive page on a single author blog or you don’t want to have a daily archive because you don’t post several times a day – they exist and they can be accessed by their automated generated URL.
The smart Archive Page Remove Plugin adds an item ‘Archive Pages’ in the ‘Settings’ section of your WordPress Admin. Here you can select which Archive Pages you want to remove. Removed Archive Pages are no longer accessible and cause a 404 page not found error. They can be restored anytime.
See it in action (no registration needed)
kindly powered by TasteWP
Docs & Support
Do you like this plugin?
I spend a lot of my precious spare time to develop and maintain my free WordPress plugins. You don’t need to make a donation. No money, no beer, no coffee. If you like this plugin then please do me a favor and give it a good rating. Thanks.
Plugin Privacy Information
- This plugin does not set cookies
- This plugin does not collect or store any data
- This plugin does not send any data to external servers
Peters’ Plugins Privacy Information Page
This plugin is compatible with ClassicPress.
More plugins from Peter
- 404page – Define any of your WordPress pages as 404 error page
- smart User Slug Hider – Hide usernames in author pages URLs to enhance security
- hashtagger – Tag your posts by using #hashtags
- See all
What about SEO?
Requesting a removed archive page results in a 404 file not found error which lets a Search Engine know that the page does not exist and has to be removed from the search index.
Contributors & Developers
“Smart Archive Page Remove” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Smart Archive Page Remove” has been translated into 5 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Smart Archive Page Remove” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Plugin Foundation updated to PPF08
- minor UI adjustments
- urgent bug fix for PPF03
- Plugin Foundation updated to PPF03, no functional changes
- the plugin now uses my general Plugin Foundation (version 2)
- security vulnerability in AJAX call fixed
- bug in uninstall routine fixed
- UI improvements
- code improvement
minor code- & UI-improvements
- faulty display in WP 4.9 fixed
- improved UI
- show admin message only to users with the manage_options capability
- redesigned admin interface
- code improvement
- internal improvements and adaptations without functional changes
- some backend styling
- translations moved to GlotPress
- delete settings on uninstall
- fixed issue – settings not saved the very first time
- Initial Release