Change the quotation marks, that are automatically rendered as smart or curly quotes inside your content, from the default English style (“…”) to anything you like, e.g. to Croatian/Hungarian/Polish/Romanian style quotation marks („…”), Czech or German style („…“), Danish style (»…«), Finnish or Swedish style (”…”), French style (« … » – with spaces), Greek/Italian/Norwegian/Portuguese/Russian/Spanish/Swiss style («…» – without spaces), Japanese or Traditional Chinese style (「⋯」), or actually to any arbitrary character combination of your choice. Of course you can turn off curly quotes entirely by picking the so-called "dumb" quotes ("…").
- Upload the entire
smart-quotesfolder to the wp-content/plugins directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the ‘Writing Settings’ screen where you will be able to configure your ‘Smart Quotes’
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Smart Quotes” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Smart Quotes” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- compatibility with WordPress 3.4 and 3.5
- fixed bug where stylesheet (for admin) and plugin action links did not load correctly when plugin was loaded from symlinked directory
- fixed bug where CSS styles for <q> element were styled incorrectly when user hadn’t picked quotation marks
- L10n for German (de_DE)
- tested with older WordPress versions: now tagged to require 2.9 (instead of 3.2)
- added support for the <q> element
- admin stylesheet cleanup (no longer using unit “px”)
- link to “Writing Settings” page on “Plugins” page
- initial public release