Create a Professional Cricket Website
Transform your WordPress blog into a fully configurable cricket website. Features a suite of cricket tools including separate batting and bowling statistics, a row to display extras and players who did not bat.
Please feel free to share your feedback with us so we can continue to develop and improve SportsPress for Cricket!
- Cricket Admin Branding to replace the SportsPress icon with a cricket ball
- Schedule Matches (Fixtures & Results)
- Record Extras
- Calculate Totals including Extras
- Display players who did not bat in a separate section
- Swap batsmen from home and away team in scorecard
Looking for more advanced cricket functionality? Upgrade to SportsPress Pro to get access to more advanced features for your cricket club website.
SportsPress Themes for Clubs
Please Rate, Vote, and Enjoy!
Your feedback is much appreciated and makes all the difference in improving SportsPress for Cricket.
- WordPress 3.8 or greater
- SportsPress 1.9 or greater
- PHP version 5.2.4 or greater
- MySQL version 5.0 or greater
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t even need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of SportsPress for Cricket, log in to your WordPress admin panel, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
In the search field type “SportsPress for Cricket” and click Search Plugins. Once you’ve found our cricket plugin you can view details about it such as the point release, rating and description. Most importantly of course, you can install it by simply clicking Install Now. After clicking that link you will be asked if you’re sure you want to install the plugin. Click yes and WordPress will automatically complete the installation.
The manual installation method involves downloading our cricket plugin and uploading it to your webserver via your favorite FTP application.
- Download the plugin file to your computer and unzip it
- Using an FTP program, or your hosting control panel, upload the unzipped plugin folder to your WordPress installation’s wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin from the Plugins menu within the WordPress admin.
Automatic updates should work like a charm; as always though, ensure you backup your site just in case.
If on the off-chance you do encounter issues with the event/team/player/staff pages after an update you simply need to flush the permalinks by going to WordPress > Settings > Permalinks and hitting ‘save’. That should return things to normal.
Will SportsPress for Cricket work with my theme?
Yes; SportsPress for Cricket will work with any theme, but may require some styling to make it match nicely.
Can I import teams/players/staff/matches?
Yes, CSV importers are included with the core SportsPress plugin. Go to Tools > Import and choose from one of the SportsPress CSV importers.
Contributors & Developers
“SportsPress for Cricket” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fix – Did not bat not saving when selecting dropdown in batting section.
- Fix – Extras adding only with string of text after number.
- Fix – Extras not adding to total runs in some configurations.
- Feature – Apply default sport setting for smoother installation.
- Tweak – Update TGMPA library.
- Feature – Automatically add extras to totals in box score.
- Feature – Improve compatibility with tournaments and scoreboard modules.
- Tweak – Move score status setting for SportsPress 2.1.
- Localization – Enable loading translation files from directory.
- Feature – Display detailed score status below match results.
- Tweak – Prevent output of wickets when there are none left.
1.0 – First Official Launch Out of Beta
- Refactor – Notes and extras refactored to work with SportsPress version 1.9.19.
- Tweak – Output generator tag in source code.
- Fix – Offset warning in newer versions of PHP.
- Fix – Truncated scorecard header labels.
- Tweak – Change notes column label to empty space character.
- Fix – Automatic event results calculating without performance.
- Fix – Empty notes appearing as 0 in scorecard.
- Feature – Batting tab in event edit screen to add order and notes.
- Feature – Format results by displaying runs and wickets taken separated by delimiter.
- Fix – Simplify script to avoid conflict.
- Localization – Add language folder with source strings.
- Localization – Add Japanese translation.
- Feature – Add a row to record extras.
- Feature – Calculate total event performance including extras.
- Feature – Display players who did not bat in a separate section.
- Feature – Swap batsmen from home and away team in scorecard.
- Tweak – Display cricket ball icon in place of SportsPress logo.
- Tweak – Display events as matches.
- Tweak – Display substitutes as did not bat.
- Tweak – Remove substitute dropdown.