Product Category Showcase for WooCommerce is the best WooCommerce extension to showcase categories in a nice slider block. Showing WooCommerce product categories in a slider allow your visitors to quickly identify the category they’re looking for without having to search the entire WooCommerce store.
WHY WOULD YOU NEED WOOCOMMERCE CATEGORY SHOWCASE
When you can display your products and their categories in a proper way to your customers, it attracts them the most. This means you are effectively showing your product categories in a professional looking slider and blocks. Thus, your users loves how they look and also understands what you are offering at a glance. This makes your WooCommerce store popular and you can sell more quickly.
HOW WOOCOMMERCE CATEGORY SHOWCASE HELPS
Using this awesome plugin, you can manage which WooCommerce product categories you want to show. It has the options to all product categories or any specifically selected ones.
The plugin will show the selected categories exactly in the order that you have chosen for your WooCommerce Category Slider.
The Woo Category Slider has a built-in and also very easy to use shortcode builder. There is no coding involved and you can add WooCommerce Category Slider with memorising anything at using, just using simple shortcodes.
Showing WooCommerce product categories in a slider help your visitors to find the category they are looking for without struggling and looking all over the WooCommerce store.This effectively expands your sells.
You can select either all WooCommerce categories or any custom selected categories to appear in the WooCommerce category slider.
WooCommerce category slider supports the selection of any categories as well as subcategories and to order those in all possible ways.
Woo Category slider has a built-in very easy to use and user-friendly shortcode builder. So, You donâ€™t need to memorize anything.
WooCommerce Category Showcase supports two types of category selections.
- Featured Categories &
- Additional Categories
Featured categories will be shown inside a nice and fancy slider with category name & description where additional categories will be in a nice six blocks with
categories names & description.
WooCommerce Category Showcase has two parts one is WooCommerce category slider and another part is WooCommerce category blocks. WooCommerce category slider is used for showing featured categories on the left side of the showcase in a nice box. WooCommerce category blocks support additional categories, you can add maximum 6 blocks as additional categories. Where WooCommerce category slider part supports a unlimited number of categories.
WooCommerce Category Showcase has built-in shortcode builder with a nice easy interface where you can add and remove your selected category from a drop-down menu.
[wccs_showcase id="showcase id"]
- WooCommerce Category Slider
- Product Subcategory Slider
- Responsive Slider
- Slider Autoplay
- Interactive Hover Animation
- Show Category Name
- Show Category Description
- Category Title
- Block Title
- Light Weight
- Fast Loading
- Custom image column size
- Custom image
- Custom title
- Custom title color
- Custom content background color
- Custom button text
- Show/Hide button
- Show/Hide description
- Show/Hide category name
- And Many More
You may also like our other plugins
This may have bugs and lack of many features. If you want to contribute on this project, you are more than welcome. For reporting any bugs or feature request open issue on Github.
Automatic Install From WordPress Dashboard
- Login to your the admin panel
- Navigate to Plugins -> Add New
- Search WooCommerce Category Showcase
- Click install and activate respectively.
Manual Install From WordPress Dashboard
If your server is not connected to the Internet, then you can use this method-
- Download the plugin by clicking on the red button above. A ZIP file will be downloaded.
- Login to your siteâ€™s admin panel and navigate to Plugins -> Add New -> Upload.
- Click choose file, select the plugin file and click install
Install Using FTP
If you are unable to use any of the methods due to internet connectivity and file permission issues, then you can use this method-
- Download the plugin by clicking on the red button above.A ZIP file will be downloaded.
- Unzip the file.
- Launch your favorite FTP client. Such as FileZilla, FireFTP, CyberDuck etc. If you are a more advanced user, then you can use SSH too.
- Upload the folder to wp-content/plugins/
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- Navigate to Plugins -> Installed
- Activate the plugin
How to create a WooCommerce category showcase
To create a WooCommerce category showcase from the admin panel, select ‘WC Showcase’ menu from left side click on new. Then put a title select featured categories and additional categories from the drop down. Save the post.
There will be visible a shortcode on the right side. Copy that and place anywhere on the site you want.
How to hide the WooCommerce category showcase title?
To disable showing title set to No from Show Title drop down from the showcase builder panel.
How many featured category can be added
You can add an unlimited number of featured categories.
How many additional categories can be added
You can add maximum 6 categories as additional categories.
How to use WooCommerce Category Showcase in the template file
Place the snippet where you want. Change the id with the appropriate one.
Contributors & Developers
“Product Category Showcase for WooCommerce” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Enhance – Added support for WooCommerce 7.1
- Fix – Fix typo
- Fix – Notice when no additional category selected
- Fix – Compatibility with WP v6.0
- Fix – Compatibility with WC v6.5.1
- Enhance – Additional category link hover background and text color
- Fix – Compatibility with WP v5.7.2
- Fix – Compatibility with WC v5.3.0
- Enhance – Add support WPML
- Enhance – Add support optimote-wp
- Fix – Translation not working
- Fix – conflict with nextgen gallery
- Fix – upgrade to pro message with pro version
- Fix – Slider navigation button
- WC compatibility with 4.3.1
- WP compatibility with 5.4.2
- WC compatibility with 3.8.1
- WP compatibility with 5.3.2
- WC compatibility with 3.7.1
- WP compatibility with 5.2.4
- Fix conflict Smush Image Optimization plugin
- WC compatibility with 3.7.0
- WP compatibility with 5.2.3
- Fix error when additional category empty
- Fix Warning when woocommerce not installed
- WC compatibility with 3.6.5
- WP compatibility with 5.2.2
- [Fix] Title show hide not working
- WC compatibility with 3.6.2
- WP compatibility with 5.1.1
- Remove Accidentally added debug code
- Image height fix
- Compatibility fix with WC v3.4.5
- Image height fix
- Compatibility fix with WP v4.9.8
- Bootstrap compatible
- Category description height fix
- Placeholder image add
- WooCommerce compatibility fix
- Improved UI
- Fix Loading issue
- Fix height issue
- Fix dynamic image and description
- Feature Default category image
- First release