The Wikipedia Widget shows a Wikipedia search-formular and its search results for the current post or page on your sidebar. On other sites (like category or front-page) it can defined any default search-keywords or other input-field.
The search results were Ajax-based fetched from the Wikipedia-API.
- Define a default search string or get the current post title
- Show or hide the search form or define an alternative search form within the page
- Use cache for the search results for better speed
- Results are clear formatted, with links and pictures
Be free for testing and suggest improvements.
- Check given Wikipedia-URL at backend
- plugin page at a-simeon.de
- improve faq
- Upload the plugin to your
/wp-content/plugins/directory, activate and use as a sidebar-widget.
- Set the Wikipedia URL to your country.
No Questions have been asked yet.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Wikipedia Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Wikipedia Widget” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- remove bug with loading values of alternative input-fields
- WordPress 3.8 compatibilty
- pack widget into one file
- several small code changes
- new loader
- fixed too long transient-names
- add cache for every search result
- remove search trim
- Fixed ajaxurl
- add alternativ search form feature
- add cache for the default search term if used
- test if value changed before search
- several code changes/improvements