The WordPress Custom Post Type Archive Widget Plugin displays a monthly or yearly archive of posts for one specific post-type. It is very similar to the WordPress Archive except that it just displays one specific custom post-type’s posts, not all categories. It can be configured to either show a listing or a pulldown by month or year with or without post counts.
- Upload “wp-custom-post-type-archive.php” to the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory.
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress.
- From the “Widgets” page in WordPress drag the “Custom Post Type Archive” widget to the “Sidebar”.
- Configure the “Custom Post Type Archive” widget controls, setting the “Title”, “Custom Type”, “Display Style”, “Group By” and “Show Post Counts” fields.
- How is the Cateogry Archive widget different than the built-in Archive widget?
The Custom Post Type Archive widget lets you show posts for one specific custom Post Type. The built-in Archive widget shows posts for all categories.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress Custom Post Type Archive” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- First version, based on Hugh Mandeville’s code/readme.