This plugin hasn’t been tested with the latest 3 major releases of WordPress. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.

WP Block


We love security testing, we do it! We love WPSCAN, we use it! However we don’t love people abusing WPSCAN and other automated methods to try and gain access to WordPress sites through known and often easy vulnerabilities. WP Block is not a silver bullet, but it will stop unskilled attackers, bots and automated attacks which account for over 90% of all WordPress breaches. The other 10% can be offset with a good firewall, IDS and NSM services. Server load will also be lower and sites faster as this tool will prevent a lot of WordPress related automated testing.

[!] You can prevent most of the common attacks simply by keeping plugins, themes and the core WordPress framework updated

* Disables access to admin for everyone except admins and editors
* Disables the use of WPScan, a tool commonly used by hackers to attack WordPress, also blocks other automated WP scanners
* Blocks hackers from scanning your website for admin users, vulnerable themes, vulnerable plugins and exposed files
* Reduces the load on your server
* Prevents access to sensitive files

About Evsec

We help companies optimise and secure infrastructure, reduce operational costs and minimise exposure to risks.

We mitigate security and legal risks through real-time monitoring, offensive testing, administration and compliance assessments and we optimise infrastructure and reduce operational costs by streamlining IT infrastructure, on premise or in the cloud and implementing operational IT best practises.

And when things do inevitably go wrong, our customers can always rely on our dedicated security and operational support specialists to be on hand
24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.


Installation Instructions
  1. Upload plugin-name.php to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory or install from the plugins menu in WordPress
  2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
What is WPSCAN?

WPScan is a WordPress vulnerability scanner.

What is a vulnerability?

In computer security, a vulnerability is a weakness which allows an attacker to reduce a system’s information assurance. Vulnerability is the intersection of three elements: a system susceptibility or flaw, attacker access to the flaw, and attacker capability to exploit the flaw.


10 de abril, 2017
Easy one click install and does exactly what I need, I have been looking for a good way to stop this for some time. Site is faster too and my load average went from 1.60 to 0.80 with 920 scans blocked in under 2 hours.
Read all 1 review

Contributors & Developers

“WP Block” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.


Translate “WP Block” into your language.

Interested in development?

Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.



  • First release


  • Fully tested and stable release


  • Fixed a bug which caused error on dashboard when conflicting plugins were installed


  • Added more htaccess security headers
  • Added more bots, scanners and payloads to block