In conjunction with the Faust NPM packages, Faust enables a decoupled front-end to authenticate with WordPress through GraphQL mutations and REST API endpoints. It is the bridge between a Faust-powered front-end application, and a WordPress backend.
The plugin also provides useful options for headless sites, such as the ability to:
- Hide “theme” admin pages.
- Redirect public route requests to the front-end application.
- Rewrite WordPress URLs to front-end URLs in queried content.
- Search for the plugin in WordPress under “Plugins -> Add New”.
- Click the “Install Now” button, followed by “Activate”.
That’s it! For more information on getting started with headless WordPress, see Getting Started with Faust.
If I need more support, where should I ask questions?
Use one of the channels below to contact the Faust team for support.
GitHub – Faust GitHub documentation and codebase.
Discord – Interactive chat support on Discord.
Where can I find more information about development and future features for this plugin?
Great question! The development team posts weekly summaries of sprints related to Faust, here.
Why the name “Faust”?
Johann Faust was a German printer and was instrumental in the invention of the printing press, along with his partner Johann Gutenberg. In the same way the printing press democratized the spread of information, the mission of Faust.js is to support and further the vision of WordPress to democratize publishing on the web.
Contributors & Developers
“Faust” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Faust” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- c4696ef: – Added new filter
faustwp_exclude_from_public_redirect, allowing WordPress plugins and themes to exclude certain routes from being redirected when the enable public route redirects setting is active.
- 4dce6dc: Added support for FAUST_SECRET_KEY in addition to the pre-existing FAUSTWP_SECRET_KEY.
- c016c9f: Update plugin title in changelog