The RSS-language will change the tag of your feeds from the default (‘en’) to the language of your WP installation by default. In case you are e.g. using French as the WP language, but want to publish in Dutch, you can change the language in the settings section. Nothing specific will change in the feed but your blog will be found easier by people using the language, you are actually writing in. Also it helps search engines to list your site correcly, if you provide the feed as a sitemap.
The plugin was tested up to WP 3.4 and should work with versions down to 2.7 but was never tested with those.
- Upload the
rss-languagefolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Customize if nessecary
- I want to change the language to Brazilian Portuguese, but the plugin doesn’t let me do this
The setting for the ‘rss_language’ in the options table has to be ISO two-letter language code. So Portuguese is allowed, but not the Brazilian.
- I activated the plugin and still in the feed the language is displayed as ‘en’
Empty the cache of your browser in that case. And reload the feed. The language should have changed now.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Native RSS” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Native RSS” has been translated into 31 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Native RSS” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Serbo-Croatian translation added thanks to Andrijana Nikolic
- WP 4.1 ready
- Small bugfix
- Added some functionality to admin bar in WP 3.3beta (obsolete)
- Initial release